The design is based around a Broadcom BCM2835 SoC, which includes an ARM1176JZF-S 700 MHz processor, VideoCore IV GPU, and 512 Megabytes of RAM. This revision 2.0 board features two mounting holes for easy installation, a built-in reset circuit, and can be powered via the USB data ports. The design does not include a built-in hard disk or solid-state drive, instead relying on an SD card for booting and long-term storage. This board is intended to run Linux kernel based operating systems.
The Raspberry Pi use Linux-kernel based operating systems. Debian GNU/Linux, Iceweasel, Calligra Suite and Python are planned to be bundled with the Raspberry Pi. The Raspberry Pi does not come with a real-time clock, so an OS must use a network time server, or ask the user for time information at boot time to get access to time and date info for file time and date stamping. However a real time clock (such as the DS1307) with battery backup can be easily added via the I2C interface.
Essential Raspberry Introduction Videos
Introduction to Debian Linux
Installing packages (programs) and using Linux
Limited Warranty and Returns for 83-14421 (Raspberry Pi)
Who is a "Customer" for purposes of this limited warranty?
If you have purchased a Raspberry pi directly from MCM Electronics, Inc. ("MCM"), you are considered a "Customer" for purposes of coverage under this limited warranty.
MCM warrants that the Raspberry pi will be free from defects in material or workmanship for a period of 12 months from the date of MCM's shipment of the Raspberry pi to you, the Customer. In the event of a defect covered by this limited warranty, MCM will, at its option and free of charge to Customer, repair, replace or refund the purchase price paid. MCM MAKES NO OTHER EXPRESS WARRANTIES EXCEPT AS PROVIDED HEREIN, AND ANY AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE SHALL ONLY BE IN EFFECT DURING THE 12 MONTH WARRANTY PERIOD PROVIDED HEREUNDER. MCM'S LIABILITY ON ANY WARRANTY CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE ACTUAL PURCHASE PRICE PAID. MCM SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE TO CUSTOMER OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL OR INDIRECT DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA, REVENUES, SALES, BUSINESS, GOODWILL OR USE.
What does this limited warranty NOT cover?
MCM has no obligation to repair, replace, or provide refunds in the following instances:
- If the alleged defect arises because Customer has altered or repaired the Raspberry pi without the prior written consent or authorization of MCM;
- If Customer did not follow any applicable instructions for proper storage, usage, or maintenance of the Raspberry pi;
- If Customer has failed to notify MCM of any defect where the defect should have been reasonably apparent on inspection; or
- If Customer fails to notify MCM of the defect within 12 months of MCM's shipment of Raspberry pi to Customer.
This limited warranty does not cover the cost of shipping the defective Raspberry pi to MCM Electronics for repair, or the cost of shipping the repaired or replacement Raspberry pi to you.
How to return Raspberry pi to MCM to receive warranty service:
- Call (1-877-626-3532) or e-mail the Customer Service Department and request an RA (Return Authorization) number, which will be valid for 30 days.
- Place the original package inside another shipping carton, along with a copy of your invoice and a brief explanation of why the original merchandise is being returned. Do not mark on the original container or use as a shipping carton.
- Print the RA number legibly on the outside of the outer shipping carton in bold, visible letters.
- Download the return authorization form (.pdf, 14kb)
- Send the package to:
405 South Pioneer Blvd
Springboro, OH 45066-3001
Note: Certain products classified as "ORM-D" require special packaging and shipping procedures. If you are unsure of how to handle these items, please contact your freight carrier for information.