WinTV-HVR-950Q brings over-the-air high definition ATSC digital TV plus analog cable TV to your PC or laptop! Watch and record TV, in a window or full screen. Use the WinTV-Scheduler to record your favorite analog or digital TV shows using high quality MPEG-2. Play your TV recordings back to your screen any time.
Clear QAM digital TV channels are digital cable channels which can be watched on a TV set without requiring a cable TV set top box. are Many cable operators transmit the local high definition ATSC channels using clear QAM.. Some cable operators transmit additional non-premium TV programs using clear QAM.
ATSC high definition digital TV brings you sharper TV with great sound. Watch high definition digital TV at up to 1080i on your PC screen. WinTV-HVR-950Q ’s ATSC digital TV tuner also has automatic identification of channel names plus will record high-definition digital TV programs to your PC’s hard disk in an MPEG-2 format without losing quality.
ATSC digital TV is free-to-air digital TV for North America. ATSC digital TV typically requires an antenna for reception, and is currently broadcast in 200 cities, with over 1500 TV stations. Note: ATSC digital TV is NOT digital cable TV or digital satellite TV. The WinTV-HVR-950Q cannot receive digital cable TV or digital satellite TV.
You’re prepared for the future. If you live in an area where you can’t currently receive ATSC digital TV, the WinTV-HVR-950Q can still be used to watch and record analog TV from cable TV or a TV antenna. But you're prepared for the future! When ATSC digital TV comes to your area, WinTV-HVR-950Q will also receive the new digital TV?channels.
WinTV-HVR-950Q is easy to install. Just plug it into your PC or laptops’ USB 2.0 port and connect a TV antenna (analog cable TV is also supported). In a few minutes you’ll be watching analog or high definition ATSC digital TV on your PC or laptop screen. WinTV-HVR-950Q includes a portable digital antenna, so you can receive digital TV while you travel!*
model 01191: WinTV-HVR-950Q for ATSC, NTSC and clear QAM TV, with audio video adapter, remote control and portable antenna
- Clear QAM digital cable TV channels are not available on all cable networks. For more information, contact your cable TV provider.
- Windows Media Center does not currently support clear QAM. To watch clear QAM channels, you should use the Hauppauge WinTV v6 application.
- The WinTV-HVR-950Q includes a portable ATSC digital terrestrial antenna, which can be used within 10 miles of an ATSC transmitter. When used in the home or office, we recommend a roof top antenna for the best ATSC reception.
- To check the ATSC digital transmissions in your area, input your zip code at: www.titantv.com
- To use the WinTV-HVR-950Q for TV with the Windows Media Center application, a Media Center certified DVD or MPEG-2 software decoder should be standard in your Media Center PC. If you are building a Media Center PC, check Microsoft's web site for a list of Media Center certified DVD decoders. The Windows Media Center application is included with Windows XP Media Center, Windows Vista Ultimate and Windows Vista Home Premium editions only. Not all included applications on the enclosed installation CD are currently certified for use with Vista. The Hauppauge remote control is not MCE certified and does not replace Media Center remote control.