Kingston’s HyperX® SSD combines the latest SandForce® controller technology with premium NAND Flash, reducing load times while increasing performance and endurance. It provides high-speed SATA Rev. 3.0 (6 Gb/s) transfer speeds for larger bandwidth, which power users require for advanced gaming, multitasking and multimedia computing power. Kingston’s HyperX SSD lets users load games and applications faster, increase frames per second (FPS) and quickly transfer and edit large media files. It’s cool, silent and requires less power and no additional cooling requirements.
When configuring the HyperX SSD partition, the user can choose between having the maximum available capacity for data storage or giving up a little space to increase performance and endurance. This additional space is called over-provisioning1 on an SSD. The amount of performance and endurance increase depends upon the type of data being stored on the HyperX SSD. The more data that is MPEG, JPG, ZIP or ARC file types, the greater the benefit for this increased over-provisioning.
HyperX SSD uses an advanced wear leveling technology that distributes writes evenly across all the flash blocks in the SSD to maximize overall drive endurance. Additionally, wear leveling ensures that the individual Flash memory blocks are consumed at a very balanced rate, not to exceed a 2-percent difference between the most often written blocks and least written. This enables the HyperX SSD to provide the longest possible life for the user while maintaining optimal performance.
- Capacity: 120GB
- SandForce controller technology
- High-speed SATA Rev. 3.0 (6 Gb/s) transfer speeds
- Performance — incredible speeds for advanced gaming, multitasking, and multimedia computing power
- Reliable — much less likely to fail than a standard hard drive
- Shock-Resistant — dropping your notebook no longer means losing your data
- Cool & Quiet — runs silent and with no moving mechanical parts to generate heat
- Innovative — uses NAND Flash memory components
- Supports S.M.A.R.T., TRIM and Garbage Collection
- Guaranteed — three-year Kingston® warranty, 24/7 tech support
- Form factor — 2.5”
- Controller — 2nd Generation SandForce® Controller SF-2281
- Components — Intel® 25nm Compute-Quality MLC NAND (5k P/E Cycles)
- Interface — SATA Rev. 3.0 (6Gb/s), SATA Rev. 2.0 (3Gb/s)
- Capacities 2 — 120 GB, 240 GB
- Sequential reads 6Gb/s 3 — 555MB/s for all capacities
- Sequential writes 6Gb/s — 510MB/s for all capacities
- Sustained Random 4k Read/Write — 20,000/60,000 IOPS
- Max Random 4K R/W — 95,000/70,000 IOPS
- PCMARK® Vantage HDD Suite Score 4 — 81,196
- Supports S.M.A.R.T. TRIM and Garbage Collection
- Warranty/support — Three-year warranty with free 24/7 support
- Power Consumption — 0.455 W (TYP) Idle / 1.6 W (TYP) Read / 2.0 W (TYP) Write
- Dimensions — 2.75" x 3.94" x 0.37"
- Weight — 2.86 oz.
- Operating Temperatures — 32°F to 158°F
- Storage Temperatures — -40°F to 185°F
- Shock Resistance — 1500G
- Vibration Operating — 2.17G
- Vibration Non-Operating — 20G
- MTBF — 1,000,000 Hrs