A relay is an electrically operated switch that allows you to turn on or off a circuit using voltage and/or current much higher than the Arduino could handle. There is no connection between the low voltage circuit operated by Arduino and the high power circuit. The relay protects each circuit from each other.
Warning: We don't recommend you operate circuits powered at more than 24V without the supervision of an expert.
Input: The relay is a simple mechanical on/off switch. It activates when the input reaches 5v and turns off when the input is 0v. You can control it though the digitalWrite() function on Arduino.
The module provides three connections labeled COM, NC and NO. NC stands for "NORMALLY CLOSED". This means that when the relay has no signal (LOW or 0V from an Arduino), the connected circuit wil be active; conversely, if you apply 5V or pull the pin HIGH, it will turn the connected circuit off. NO stands for "NORMALLY OPEN", and functions in the opposite way; when you apply 5V the circuit turns on, and at 0V the circuit turns off. Relays can replace a manual switch. Remove the switch and connect its wires toCOM and NO. When the relay is activated the circuit is closed and current can flow to the device you are controlling.
Module Description: this module features an 250v 10A mounted on a 2 module TinkerKit board, one standard TinkerKit 3pin connector, one transistor, a green LED that signals that the module is correctly powered and an yellow LED that indicates when the relay is active.
This module is an ACTUATOR. The connector is an INPUT which must be connected to one of the OUTPUT connectors on the TinkerKit Shield.
- Tinkerkit Relay Module
- Requires Tinkerkit
- Type: TinkerKit
Discover the rest of the Arduino Tinker kit series
- TINKERKIT BASIC KIT
- TINKERKIT STARTER KIT
- TINKERKIT PRO KIT
- Tinkerkit Accelerometer Module
- Tinkerkit Joystick Module
- Tinkerkit Gyroscope 2 axis Module
- Tinkerkit Gyroscope 4 axis
- Tinkerkit Hall Sensor Module
- Tinkerkit LDR Sensor Module
- Tinkerkit Rotary Potienometer
- Tinkerkit linear potentiometer
- Tinkerkit push button Module
- Tinkerkit tilt sensor Module
- Tinkerkit thermistor Module
- Tinkerkit touch sensor Module
- Tinkerkit Relay Module
- Tinkerkit Mosfet Module
- Tinkerkit Micro Servo Module
- Tinkerkit Servo Module
- Tinkerkit Power LED Module
- Tinkerkit 5MM Blue LED Module
- Tinkerkit 5MM Green LED Module
- Tinkerkit 5MM Yellow LED Module
- Tinkerkit 5MM Red LED Module
- Tinkerkit 10MM Blue LED Module
- Tinkerkit 10MM Green LED Module
- Tinkerkit 10MM Yellow LED Module
- Tinkerkit 10MM Red LED Module
- Tinkerkit Sensor Shield v.2
- Tinkerkit Mega Sensor shield
- 20CM Tinkerkit Wires
- 50CM Tinkerkit Wires
- 100CM Tinkerkit Wires
|MCM Part #:||83-14732|
|Arduino Part #:||T010010|
|Package Specifications & Dimensions|
Need to Return?
|Extra Shipping Charge:||No|
MCM Cat 57, Page 674View in Catalog