The shield is fully assembled, tested and ready to go. No wiring, no soldering! Simply plug it in and load up our library - you'll have it running in under 10 minutes! Works best with any classic Arduino (UNO/Duemilanove/Diecimila). This shield does work with the Mega Arduinos but its going to be half the speed of the Uno-type boards because of the way the Mega rearranges all the pins (there is no way to get around this!) This shield is not Leonardo-compatible.
This display shield has a controller built into it with RAM buffering, so that almost no work is done by the microcontroller. The shield does require a lot of pins: 12 lines total for the display, 13 total if you use the microSD card.
- 2.8"" diagonal LCD TFT display
- 240x320 resolution, 18-bit (262,000) color
- ILI9325 (datasheet) or ILI9328 (datasheet) or HX8347 (datasheet) controller with built in video RAM buffer
- 8 bit digital interface, plus 4 control lines
- Uses digital pins 5-13 and analog 0-3. That means you can use digital pins 2, 3 and analog 4 and 5. Pin 12 is available if not using the microSD
- Works with any Arduino '328 or Mega (Leonardo not supported yet)
- 5V compatible! Use with 3.3V or 5V logic
- Onboard 3.3V @ 300mA LDO regulator
- 4 white LED backlight. On by default but you can connect the transistor to a digital pin for backlight control
- 4-wire resistive touchscreen
- Open-source Arduino graphics library available from Adafruit