The OSEPP Accelerometer Sensor Module is a 3-axis acceleration sensor. It utilizes the Analog Device ADXL345 providing a high resolution measurement of up to +/- 16 g. The accelerometer measures the static acceleration of gravity in tilt-sensing applications, as well as dynamic acceleration resolution from motion or shock. Its high resolution enables measurement of inclination changes of less than 1.0°.
The module uses the I²C interface for data communication. The I²C lines are packaged with the power and ground lines into a modular connector, which allows easy plug and play operation. There are two connectors on the module to enable daisy chaining of multiple I²C devices together.
The OSEPP Accelerometer Sensor Module combined with the OSEPP Gyroscope Sensor Module can deliver a complete 6-axis sensor for full motion detection.
- Plug and play with OSEPP I²C Expansion Shield
- X-, Y-, Z- Axis acceleration measurement with full-scale-range of +/-2, 4, 8, or 16 g
- Up to 13-bit of resolution maintaining 4 mg/LSB in all g ranges
- Supports I²C interfacing with 2 programmable 7-bit address of 0x1D or 0×53
- Provides pass-through connector to support daisy chaining of multiple sensors from the OSEPP Sensor Module family
- Provides 0.1” breakout points for power and I²C interface pins access