The OSEPP Gyroscope Sensor Module is a 3-Axis gyroscope sensor. It utilizes the InvenSense MPU3050 Motion Processor Unit providing a full-scale range from +/- 250°/s up to +/-2000°/s of angular rate measurement while providing the highest robustness supporting 10 000 g of shock.
The module uses the I²C interface for data communication. The I²C lines are packaged with the power and ground lines into a modular connector, which allows easy plug and play operation. There are two connectors on the module to enable daisy chaining of multiple I²C devices together.
The OSEPP Gyroscope Sensor Module combined with the OSEPP Accelerometer Sensor Module can deliver a complete 6-axis sensor for full motion detection.
- Plug and play with OSEPP I²C Expansion Shield
- X-, Y-, Z- Axis angular rate gyros sensor
- Programmable angular rate sensors with full-scale-range of +/-250, 500, 1000, or 2000 °/s
- 16-bit ADC for digitizing sensor output, sample rate programmable from 8000 samples/sec down to 3.9 samples per second
- Supports I²C interfacing with 7-bit address of 0x68 or 0x69
- Provides pass-through connector to support daisy chaining of multiple sensors from the OSEPP Sensor Module family
- Provides 0.1” breakout points for power and I²C interface pins access
|I²C Addresses (7-bit)
||23 mm x 36 mm
||30.5 mW (Active), 0.025 mW (Sleep)
|Connector Pin Definition
||Pin 1: Power
Pin 2: I²C Data
Pin 3: Ground
Pin 4: I²C