Build your own Arcade game, Who cares if it is only 8 inches tall
Never be bored again with an adorable little arcade cabinet you can fit in your bag! This Raspberry Pi-powered kit combines our sharp PiTFT 2.8" display, Mini thumbstick, and Mini arcade push buttons and a whole bunch of components to create the coolest arcade cabinet in the known universe.
Beware !, This comes as a big kit with lots of parts including all electronic components, the laser cut case, power adapter, and a blank SD card (you'll need to burn the CupCade image on). You provide a Raspberry Pi Model B, a soldering iron, solder, wire, basic electronic hand tools, tape, etc. This kit has a lot of steps, so its best for people who have soldered before and even better, have a little Raspberry Pi/Linux hacking under their belt in case some configuration-file-editing is required. Give yourself a nice, long Saturday afternoon to put together (about 4-6 hours altogether).
- First: you can configure it for either vertical (Ms Pac-man! Donkey Kong! Arkanoid!) or horizontal screen (Joust! Qix! Nintendo!). The controls can be set to either joystick-in-center or to the side. We include plastic for both configurations just pick which you want during construction.
- Second: We provide a blank SD card that can be burned with a ready to go Raspbian image with text-based ROM selector screen that works in either V or H mode, with nicely printed out names and joystick/button selection.
- Third: Pressing the two front buttons for three seconds simulates the Esc key, so you can quit games and safely shut down the Pi without use of a keyboard.
- Fourth: To load new ROMs, simply plug in the SD card into any computer and drag the zipped up files into the directory, no need for WiFi, logging in or any other nonsense!
- Fifth: What's gaming without the noise? There's a mono speaker and audio amp so you can relive all the bleeps
Excited? You should be! And since you're so interested, check out the ultra-detailed tutorial with build photos, instructions, and more
- This Project Contains:
- PiTFT Mini Kit
- 5V 1A (1000mA) USB port power supply
- USB 'Noodle' Cable - A/MicroB - 3ft
- Laser cut acrylic Cupcade Enclosure
- 13 x Nylon 4-40 Hexnuts
- 13 x Nylon 1/2in Pan Screws
- 3 x 2-56 1/4" Black SS Machine Screw
- 3 x 2-56 Black SS Hex Nut
- Nylon Spacer - 3/16" Long
- 4 GB SD/MicroSD Memory Card BLANK SD CARD! You will have to burn the SD card with the cupcade raspbian image
- Analog 2-axis Thumb Joystick with Select Button + Breakout Board
- 2 x 16mm Panel Mount Momentary Pushbutton - Black
- 2 x 16mm Panel Mount Momentary Pushbutton - Red
- Arcade/Button Quick-Connect Wire Pair - Set of 10 pairs
- 8 Ohm 1 Watt - Speaker - 3" Diameter
- Right-Angle 3.5mm Stereo Plug to Pigtail Cable
- Premium Female/Female Jumper Wires - 40 x 6"
- Custom Cup-cade controller board
- What is not included
|MCM Part #:||83-16789|
|Adafruit Part #:||1783|
|Package Specifications & Dimensions|
Need to Return?
|Extra Shipping Charge:||No|