The 500 Mbps Compact Powerline AV Adapter, model TPL-406E, uses any electrical outlet to create a secure high speed network. Two adapters are needed to start a network. Connect one adapter to your router and plug another adapter into any outlet on your electrical system for instant high speed network access. The compact form factor saves space around crowded electrical outlets. This adapter automatically connects to other TRENDnet Powerline AV adapters with no installation required—TRENDnet recommends pressing the ‘Sync’ button to automatically change default encryption keys.
Use up to 8 adapters to network devices in different rooms without running new cabling. Power Save mode reduces power consumption by up to 80%. Quality of Service (QoS) technology prioritizes video, audio, and online gaming. LED displays convey device status for easy troubleshooting. Advanced 128-bit AES encryption secures your network. This adapter is ideal for use in buildings that interfere with wireless networking signals.
- Compliant with IEEE1901 and HomePlug AV standards
- High speed networking over an existing electrical system
- 1 x 10/100 Mbps Auto-MDIX Ethernet port
- Adapters automatically connect using an encrypted Powerline signal
- One-touch Sync button networks changes encryption keys
- Three LED indicators:
- Power (on / off)
- Powerline Connection: green (best), amber (better), red (good), off (no connection)
- Ethernet Connection: solid (connection), blinking (transfer activity), off (no connection)
- Connect one 500 Mbps** Powerline AV Adapter to the Internet and then plug in up to 7* additional 500 Mbps** Powerline AV adapters for instant connectivity
- Share data intensive files, play games, download music and more at faster data transfer rates
- Advanced 128-bit AES encryption to ensure total network security
- Support for IPv6
- Supports up to 16** IGMP based IPTV streams
- Power Save mode reduces electrical consumption by up to 80%
- Neighbor network support for up to 4 overlapping networks
- Network signal transmits up to 300 meters (984ft.)
- Auto QoS support through traffic classification and multiple priority queuing
- Optional management utility compatible with Windows 7 (32/64-bit), Vista (32/64-bit), and XP (32/64-bit) operating systems
- 3-year manufacturer limited warranty
* Maximum of 8 adapters (nodes) recommended for streaming video across your network.
** 500 Mbps is the maximum theoretical Powerline data rate. Actual throughput will vary depending on environment.
*** Networked Powerline devices need to be plugged into power outlets that are on the same electrical system.
**** GFCI outlets and AFCI circuit breakers may degrade Powerline network signals.
||IEEE 1901, HomePlug® AV, IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3x, IEEE 802.3u
||1 x 10/100 Mbps Auto-MDIX RJ-45 port
Power prong: North America Type B (NEMA 5–15)
||2 ~ 68 MHz
||OFDM Symbol Modulation on link synchronization
1024/256/64/8 - QAM, QPSK, BPSK, ROBO Carrier
||TDMA, and CSMA/CA
||Powerline: up to 500 Mbps**
Ethernet: up to 200 Mbps (Full Duplex mode)
|Utility OS Compatibility
||Windows 7 (32/64-bit), Vista (32/64-bit), XP(32/64-bit)
||Up to 8 (max)
|Overlapping Powerline Networks
||Up to 4 (per electrical system)
||Up to 300 m (984 ft.)
||128-Bit AES (Advanced Encryption Standard)
Powerline (PL) Connection
- Best (Green)
- Better (Amber)
- Good (Red)
- No connection (Off)
Ethernet (ETH) Connection
||Sync (3 sec.) / Reset (20 sec.)
|Dimension (L x W x H)
||2.76" x 1.97" x 1.69"
||100~240V AC, 50~60Hz
||Active mode: 2.2 Watts (max)
Standby mode: 0.5 Watts (max)
||Operating: 32° ~ 104°F
Storage: 14° ~ 131°F
||Max 95% (non-condensing)