We wanted to design a microcontroller board that was small enough to fit into any project, and low cost enough to use without hesitation. Perfect for when you don't want to give up your Flora and you aren't willing to take apart the project you worked so hard to design. It's our lowest-cost sewable controller!
Even though you can program GEMMA using the Arduino IDE, it's not a fully 100% Arduino-compatible. There are some things you trade off for such a small and low cost microcontroller!
- GEMMA does not have a Serial port connection for debugging so the serial port monitor will not be able to send/receive data
- Some computers' USB v3 ports don't recognize the GEMMAs bootloader. Simply use a USB v2 port or a USB hub in between
- We do not have full Windows 8 driver compatibility tested. At this time we only have it working with Mac, Linux or Windows 7/XP
For more information about GEMMA, check out the Adafruit Learning guide
- Super small, only 1.1" / 28mm diameter and 0.28" / 7mm thick.
- Easy-to-sew or solder pads for embedding in your wearable project
- Low cost enough, you can use one for every weekend project
- ATtiny85 on-board, 8K of flash, 512 byte of SRAM, 512 bytes of EEPROM
- Internal oscillator runs at 8MHz
- Ultra low power, draws only 9 mA while running
- USB bootloader with a nice LED indicator looks just like a USBtinyISP so you can program it with the Arduino IDE (with a few simple config modifications)
- Mini-USB jack for power and/or USB uploading, you can put it in a box or tape it up and use any USB cable for when you want to reprogram.
- We really worked hard on the bootloader process to make it rugged and foolproof
- ~5.25K bytes available for use (2.75K taken for the bootloader)
- On-board 3.3V or 5.0V power regulator with 150mA output capability and ultra-low dropout. Up to 16V input, reverse-polarity protection, thermal and current-limit protection.
- Power with either USB or external output (such as a battery) - it'll automatically switch over
- On-board green power LED and red pin #1 LED
- Reset button for entering the bootloader or restarting the program.
- 3 GPIO - The 3 independent IO pins have 1 analog input and 2 PWM output as well.
- Hardware I2C capability for breakout & sensor interfacing.
|MCM Part #:||28-18055|
|Adafruit Industries Part #:||1222|
|Package Specifications & Dimensions|
Need to Return?
|Extra Shipping Charge:||No|