There are 30 RGB LEDs per meter, and you can control each LED individually! Yes, that's right, this is the digitally-addressable type of LED strip. You can set the color of each LED's red, green and blue component with 8-bit PWM precision (so 24-bit color per pixel). The LEDs are controlled by shift-registers that are chained up down the strip so you can shorten or lengthen the strip. Only 1 digital output pin are required to send data down. The PWM is built into each LED-chip so once you set the color you can stop talking to the strip and it will continue to PWM all the LEDs for you
The strip is made of flexible PCB material, and comes with a weatherproof sheathing. You can cut this stuff pretty easily with wire cutters, there are cut-lines every 1.3"/3.4cm (1 LED each). Solder to the 0.1" copper pads and you're good to go. Of course, you can also connect strips together to make them longer, just watch how much current you need! We have a 5V/2A supply that should be able to drive 1 meter. Anything longer will require amperage up to 10A. You must use a 5V DC power supply to power these strips, do not use higher than 6V or you can destroy the entire strip
- 12.5mm (0.5") wide, 4mm (0.16") thick with casing on, 33mm (1.3") long per segment
- Sold in 5M Reels
- 30 LEDs per meter
- Removable IP65 weatherproof casing
- Maximum 5V @ 60mA draw per 1.3" strip segment (all LEDs on full brightness)
- 5VDC power requirement (do not exceed 6VDC) - no polarity protection
- 1 integrated RGB LEDs per segment, individually controllable
- LED wavelengths: 630nm/530nm/475nm
- Connector: 2-pin JST SM
- This product currently ships with the WS2812B 4-pin chip LED installed. Previous versions may have come with the WS2812S 6-pin LED. Both B and S LEDs can be chained together and are compatible with the NeoPixel Library. The 'B chip type adds additional polarity protection and is the same brightness as the 'S type.
Flora Neopixel LED Strips
5M Reel 30 LED's with White Backing
4M Reel 60 LED's with White Backing
144 LED's with White Backing
4M Reel 60 LED's with Black Backing
5M Reel 30 LED's with Black Backing
144 LED's with Black Backing
5 Pack Silicone Mounting Clips
- These LED's use about 9.5 Watts max (~2 Amps @ 5V) per meter. The max rating is assuming all the LEDs are on full white, usually the actual current for colorful design is about 1/3 to 1/2 the max current. A good power supply such as our 5V 2A or 10A supply is key!
- To make the strip thin and easier to manufacture, the controller chip is inside the LED, which is kind of cool, but also means that the chip only uses a single pin for input and a single pin for output. The protocol used is very very timing-specific and can only be controlled by microcontrollers with highly repeatable 100nS timing precision. We have example code for using with the Arduino Uno/Mega microcontroller at 8MHz and 16MHz, but it will not work with the Raspberry Pi, Basic Stamp, NETduino, any other interpreted/virtual machine microprocessor or any processor slower than 8 MHz. For those processors, check our 32 LED/meter digital LED strip which has SPI-like input/output and works well with Pi, NETduino, and other processors.
- The way the pixels are controlled by an Arduino, the entire strip must be buffered in memory, and we've found many Arduino UNO projects only have about 1500bytes of RAM available after all the extras are included - enough for about 500 LED pixels. If you want to drive the entire strip and have some other libraries included, you may need to use a Mega.
|MCM Part #:||28-19975|
|Adafruit Industries Part #:||1460|
|Package Specifications & Dimensions|
Need to Return?
|Extra Shipping Charge:||No|