Based on the Ultimate GPS module and updated into a HAT compatible form for the Pi. A coin cell holder was added for RTC capability and also additional prototyping area.
- 165 dBm sensitivity, 10 Hz updates, 66 channels
- Only 20mA current draw
- Built in Real Time Clock (RTC) - slot in a CR1220 backup battery for 7-years or more of timekeeping even if the Raspberry Pi is off!
- PPS output on fix, by default connected to pin #4
- Internal patch antenna which works quite well when used outdoors + u.FL connector for external active antenna for when used indoors or in locations without a clear sky view
- Fix status LED blinks to let you know when the GPS has determined the current coordinates
Please note, this HAT takes over the Raspberry Pi's hardware UART to send/receive data to and from the GPS module. So, if you need to use the RX/TX pins with a console cable, you cannot also use this HAT. Instead, you'll have to use a composite or HDMI monitor and keyboard to log in, or use ssh to connect over the network to your Pi. Read up on our tutorial for more information on how to use this fine HAT.
- Dimensions w/ components: 65mm x 56mm x 7mm / 2.6" x 2.2" x 0.3"
- GPS Module Datasheet
|MCM Part #:||83-16790|
|Adafruit Industries Part #:||2324|
|Package Specifications & Dimensions|
Need to Return?
|Extra Shipping Charge:||No|