This OLED is not compatible with any Adafruit LCD shields or backpacks!
- 16 characters wide, 2 rows
- Bright blue OLED text on black background
- Connection port is 0.1" pitch, single row for easy breadboarding and wiring
- Pins are documented on the back of the LCD to assist in wiring it up
- No backlight! Each pixel is an individual LED
- Can be fully controlled with only 7 digital lines! (Any analog/digital pins can be used)
- Built in default character set supports English/Japanese text. Can also be set to use Western European and Russian, see the WS0010 datasheet for the full character sets
- Up to 8 extra characters can be created for custom glyphs or 'foreign' language support
- Comes with a strip of header
- Works with 3V or 5V power & logic
As an added bonus, the controller allows you to use it as a 100x16 graphic display as well - check the WS0010 datasheet for details. We don't have a tutorial for this mode.
By default, the module is set up to be 4 or 8-bit HD44780 compatible. If you're handy with a soldering iron, you can apparently place it in 'SPI' mode, by changing some of the jumpers on the back of the PCB. We don't have a tutorial for using this mode, check the datasheets for details.
For basic wiring information, check out our detailed step-by-step Arduino+LCD tutorial however, you'll need to use our character OLED library and wire up the RW pin instead of grounding it
|MCM Part #:||83-15750|
|Adafruit Industries Part #:||823|
|Package Specifications & Dimensions|
Need to Return?
|Extra Shipping Charge:||No|