This solenoid can be actuated down at 6VDC (although it was a little slower to open). Here is the current draw table for various voltages. We suggest a TIP120 or N-Channel power FET with a 1N4001 kickback diode to drive this from a microcontroller pin. For a power supply, a 9V 1A or 12V 1A power adapter will do the job.
If you want a beefier water valve, we also carry a brass version which does not have a minimum pressure requirement and can be used with liquid flow in either direction (MCM Part# 28-17460).
- 1/2" Nominal NPT
- Working Pressure: 0.02 Mpa - 0.8 Mpa
- Working Temperature: 1°C - 75°C
- Response time (open): ≤ 0.15 sec
- Response time (close): ≤ 0.3 sec
- Actuating voltage: 12VDC (but we found it would work down to 6V)
- Actuating life: ≥ 50 million cycles
- Weight: 4.3 oz
- Dimensions: 3" x 2.25" x 2"
- 6V- 160 mA
- 7V- 190 mA
- 8V- 220 mA
- 9V- 240 mA
- 10V- 270 mA
- 11V- 300 mA
- 12V- 320 mA
These solenoids are not rated for food safety or use with anything but water.