Dual Professional Passive Direct Box
The DUALZDirect provides two independent passive interfaces that let you connect instrument, line, or speaker level signals to a mixer or other balanced inputs through high performance audio isolation transformers. Each of the high impedance single-ended 1/4" inputs is converted by a transformer into an isolated, balanced, low impedance signal output.
The DUALZDirect's audio transformers provide a very clean and neutral sound with a wide variety of signal sources and over long signal runs in high noise environments. The input ATTENUATOR switches allow for a wide range of signal levels and the input THRU jacks allows for tapping off of your signal chain. The GROUND LIFT switches let you totally separate the input and output signal grounds, when appropriate, to isolate two systems, thereby reducing hum and ground-loop noise.
What further sets the DUALZDirect apart from other "DI" boxes are its extended features and versatility. ART have added switchable low pass FILTERs that cut out all very high frequency interference. These Bessel filters on the outputs are placed out of the audio range and are primarily intended to reduce radio frequency interference before it gets into the main system. The filters are also very effective in reducing any digital computer noise artifacts when using the DUALZDirect as an interface between a computer-based audio workstation and your monitors. The PHASE INVERT switches, while not normally included with your "run of the mill" DI box, have been added to allow you to switch signal polarity right at the source. This feature is especially handy when you are combining a direct tap with a microphone feed in the mix.
- Fully passive, high performance transformer design. No battery required
- Converts 50k Ohm inputs into 600 Ohm balanced outputs
- Switchable input attenuation (0, -20, -40 dB)
- Switchable low pass filter
- Switchable phase invert
- Switchable ground lift (fully isolates inputs from chassis and outputs)
- XLR connectors for balanced outputs
- Rugged extruded aluminum case
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz - 50 kHz, ± 0.5 dB @ +4 dBu
- THD: 0.01% typical @ 1 kHz, +18 dBu / <.05% @ 100 Hz, +18 dBu
- Channel Separation: > 80 dB (typical)
- Input Connections: 1/4" TRS unbalanced (2), 50 k Ohm
- Thru Connections: 1/4" TRS (2)
- Output Connections: XLR male (2), 600 Ohm
- Input Attenuation: Switchable, (0, -20, -40 dB)
- Filter Type / Response: Switchable, low pass, -3 dB @ 30 kHz
- Dimensions (DWH inches): 3.9 x 4.6 x 1.85
- Dimensions (DWH mm): 99 x 117 x 47
- Weight: 0.88lbs / 0.40kg
|MCM Part #:||555-15370|
|Applied Research Technology Part #:||DUALZ DIRECT|
|Package Specifications & Dimensions|
Need to Return?
|Extra Shipping Charge:||No|
MCM Cat 57, Page 040
MCM Cat 56, Page 200View in Catalog