I bought the DB9 hoods for an install I was doing and the hoods were especially difficult to assemble. The tolerances of the metal parts were poor so the two sides didn't go together easily. When I installed the first cable I was using a jeweler's screwdriver to screw in the mounting screws onto the standoffs on either side of the chassis mounted female DB9 and BOTH of the SCREWS BROKE OFF IN THE STANDOFFS! I have installed probably several hundred DB25 connectors and I have only had a few screws break on me before and only when using a large handled screw driver with a lot of force. The broken off threading was impossible to remove from the standoffs so I will need to replace the standoffs, which probably means I will need to unrack the Cranesong Avocet that I was installing and open the chassis. Big time waster.A lot of time manufacturers include a set of 4/40 or metric thumbscrews which alleviates the problem because you can screw the connectors in without using a tool.
Easy and quickly bought my TV component and used tutorial to fix. Now have a working TV again for a tiny fraction of cost of a new TV, so very satisfied.