The CRICKET polarity tester is great for sound contractors, musicians, DJs, and many others. Polarity, should it become reversed, can play havoc with a sound system. If two sources are emitting the same electrical or acoustic tone (frequency), and one of those sources is in a state of inverted polarity, those tones, when combined at a given point, will cancel each other. This severely alters the sound of a system.
The CRICKET tests balanced and unbalanced cables of up to 2,000 feet in length. It will drive a “snake” (even one with transformers), and indicate which of a microphone's XLR connector pins is hot. The CRICKET can also plug directly into a speaker cabinet and drive the components. A glance at the CRICKET's red and green LED's can save hours of troubleshooting.
- Checks continuity and polarity
- ¼" TRS and XLR in/out
- Tests speakers, mics, cables and wireless systems
- Tests mixers and signal processors for polarity inversions
- Internal speaker for testing mic polarity
- Internal mic for testing speakers
- High level output for testing miles of cable
- Battery test on Receive module saves troubleshooting time
|MCM Part #:||555-11841|
|Galaxy Audio Part #:||CPTS|
|Package Specifications & Dimensions|
Need to Return?
|Extra Shipping Charge:||No|
MCM Cat 57, Page 045
MCM Cat 56, Page 204View in Catalog