Record video game play in HD on your laptop or desktop PC
HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition records high definition video from a Sony® PlayStation®3 or Microsoft® Xbox® 360 onto your Windows laptop or desktop PC, in a high definition H.264 format. Make video recordings of your best game play in HD. Upload your favorite games to YouTube and share them with other gamers online. Or make a high definition movie of your game play to share with your friends or use it to discuss tactics with your clan members! You can also play your game play recordings back onto your PC screen or transfer them over your home network for playback on a PS3 or Xbox 360.
HDMI and Component Video in plus no-delay HDMI video passthrough
HD PVR 2 comes with HDMI in and out to make it easier to connect to your Xbox 360 and your HD TV set. For the PS3, HD PVR 2 comes with a PS3 Component Video gaming cable, while still using the HDMI out for no-delay passthrough to your HD TV set!
Record button lets you start and stop your video recordings directly from the HD PVR 2
HD PVR 2 has a top mounted record button. Hit the record button and ShowBiz opens on your PC and starts recording. Hit the record button again and ShowBiz will stop recording. This makes recording your video gameplay super easy!
Record your PC gameplay, with no delay and no slowdown of your PC
HD PVR 2 can be connected to the HDMI output of your PC to record your gameplay. With our "no delay passthrough", you can play your game on a TV monitor while recording. And the recording will not slow down your PC since the encoding is done within HD PVR 2!
Amazing audio and video quality
HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition uses a pro-quality video encoder, which is used in TV studios. HD PVR 2 records using amazing H.264 compression at HD resolutions up to 1080p30. HD PVR 2's H.264 recording format is used by Blu-ray disks and exceeds other compression standards in video quality, providing a crisp image with amazing digital sound. And H.264 uses 1/3 the disk space compared with the popular MPEG-2 format.
Watch recordings of your best game play on your PC monitor or HD TV set
Once your recordings are on your PC hard disk, you can play them back directly on your computer screen using the included ShowBiz application. You can also transfer the recordings over your home network to your PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, or other high definition media player.
Play while you record with our no-delay HDMI video pass through!
HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition comes with real-time video pass through, so you can watch your game play on your HD TV while recording your game on your PCs disk drive. Simply connect HD PVR 2 in between your game console and your HD TV set (HDMI in and out plus Component Video cables included).
Upload your best games to YouTube and share with your friends
HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition comes with a one click upload to YouTube. Make HD recordings of your game play and upload your best videos to YouTube. HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition records videos in HD using H.264, which is perfect for YouTube.
Bundled software applications
- ArcSoft ShowBiz, with these features
- Video capture for recording your game play
- Video editor to trim your videos
- Upload videos to YouTube
- Hauppauge Personal Logo application, to "burn" your logos into your recordings
- HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition high definition H.264 personal video recorder, USB 2.0 with built-in record button
- 6V 1.6 amp power supply
- USB cable - 9 ft.
- HDMI output cable - 6 ft.
- PS3 Component AV Cable
- Hauppauge A/V component adapter
- Installation CD-ROM
- Quick installation guide
- Hardware encoder
- H.264 AVCHD high definition video encoder, with record resolution to 1080p30
- Recording datarate: from 1 to 13.5 Mbits/sec
- Recording video formats: AVCHD (.TS and .M2TS) plus .MP4
- No delay HDMI passthrough:
- HDMI in to HDMI out - up to 1080p60
- Component Video in to HDMI out - up to 1080i60
- Input/output connections
- HDMI in, from HDMI sources without HDCP such as Xbox 360
- Component video in, with stereo audio
- S-Video and composite video in, with stereo audio (optional cable not supplied)
- HDMI output
- Size: 6 in wide x 6 in deep x 1.5 in high
- Power: 6V at 1.6 amps
- Weight: .75lb / .34 kg / 12 oz
- Recording formats
- 1080p60p (recorded as 1080p30)
- 1080p50p (recorded as 1080p25)
- Laptop or desktop PC with 3.0 GHz single core or 2.0 GHz multi-core processor
- Microsoft® Windows® 8, 7 or Vista (32 or 64-bit), or Windows XP Service Pack 3
- TV set with HDMI input
- 512 MB RAM (1 GB recommended)
- Graphics card with 256 MB memory
- Sound card
- 220 MB free hard disk space
- CD-ROM drive (for software installation)
Note: HD PVR 2 will not record video from HDMI with HDCP copy protection. If you are recording PS3 gameplay, use the included PS3 component video gaming cable.
|MCM Part #:||83-14638|
|Hauppauge Computer Works Part #:||1480|
|Package Specifications & Dimensions|
Need to Return?
|Extra Shipping Charge:||No|