The Orangutan SV-328 robot controller is a complete control solution for small robots running at 6 – 13.5 V. The small (2.15" x 1.9") module includes a powerful Atmel ATmega328P AVR microcontroller, two bidirectional motor ports each capable of providing 1 A (continuous), a removable 8-character x 2-line liquid crystal display, a buzzer, three user pushbutton switches, and two user LEDs.
Eight general-purpose I/O lines with up to eight analog input channels allow for adding sensors or expanding the system. These lines are brought out to 0.1" female headers as shown in the picture below; from left to right, the bottom row of pins are: PC5, PC4, PC3, PC2, PC1, PC0, PD1 and PD0. The Orangutan SV-328 features a 5V switching regulator capable of delivering up to 3 A, allowing the Orangutan to power RC servos directly from its regulated 5V power bus. This power bus can be accessed through the power and ground pins dedicated to each user I/O line.
- Overall unit dimensions: 2.15" x 1.9"
- Input voltage: 6-13.5 V
- 2 bidirectional motor ports (1 A continuous per channel, 3 A maximum per channel)
- Programmable 20 MHz Atmel ATmega328P AVR microcontroller (32 KB flash, 2 kB SRAM, 1024 bytes EEPROM)
- 8 general-purpose I/O lines, 6 of which can be used as analog input channels
- 2 additional analog input channels (ADC6 & ADC7) can be accessed on the board
- Removable 8-character x 2-line LCD
- 5V regulator capable of supplying up to 3A
- Buzzer tied to one of the mega328’s hardware PWMs
- 3 user pushbutton switches
- 2 user LEDs
- Battery voltage self-monitoring optionally connected to ADC6
- User potentiometer optionally jumpered to ADC7
- USB AVR Programmer
- USB programmer for AVR-based controllers
- Emulates an STK500 on a virtual serial port, making it compatible with standard AVR programming software.
- TTL-level serial port for general-purpose communication
- SLO-scope for monitoring signals and voltage levels.
- USB cable and ISP cable are included.