The Baby Orangutan B-328 is a very compact but complete robot controller, packing a high-performance AVR microcontroller and two motor drive channels in the same 24-pin form factor as competing units that include just a microcontroller. You can connect your battery, sensors, and motors directly to this small module to make a miniature robot, or you can use the Baby Orangutan as an auxiliary controller in larger robots. This version includes Atmel’s new ATmega328P microcontroller with 32 KB of program memory and 2 KB of RAM.
This bundles includes the Baby Orangutan and the USB programmer required to program it
The Orangutan SV-328 robot controller is a complete control solution for small robots running at 6 – 13.5 V. The small (2.15" x 1.9") module includes a powerful Atmel ATmega328P AVR microcontroller, two bidirectional motor ports each capable of providing 1 A (continuous), a removable 8-character x 2-line liquid crystal display, a buzzer, three user pushbutton switches, and two user LEDs.
Eight general-purpose I/O lines with up to eight analog input channels allow for adding sensors or expanding the system. These lines are brought out to 0.1" female headers as shown in the picture below; from left to right, the bottom row of pins are: PC5, PC4, PC3, PC2, PC1, PC0, PD1 and PD0. The Orangutan SV-328 features a 5V switching regulator capable of delivering up to 3 A, allowing the Orangutan to power RC servos directly from its regulated 5V power bus. This power bus can be accessed through the power and ground pins dedicated to each user I/O line.
- Baby Orangutan
- Overall unit dimensions: 1.2" x 0.7"
- Input voltage: 5-13.5 V (15 V absolute maximum)
- Two bidirectional motor ports can deliver ~1 A continuous (3 A peak) per channel
- Programmable 20 MHz Atmel ATmega48 AVR microcontroller (4 KB flash, 512 bytes SRAM, 256 bytes EEPROM) or Atmel ATmega328P AVR microcontroller (32 KB flash, 2 KB RAM, 1 KB EEPROM)
- 18 user I/O lines, 16 of which can be used for digital I/O and 8 of which can be used as analog input channels
- 1 user LED
- User potentiometer tied to ADC7
- 20 MHz external resonator
- Pinout is compatible with the Orangutan SV-328, Orangutan LV-168, and 3pi robot, so the same code will generally work on all of these devices
- USB AVR Programmer
- USB programmer for AVR-based controllers
- Emulates an STK500 on a virtual serial port, making it compatible with standard AVR programming software.
- TTL-level serial port for general-purpose communication
- SLO-scope for monitoring signals and voltage levels.
- USB cable and ISP cable are included.