The Pololu USB AVR Programmer is an extremely compact, low-cost in-system programmer (ISP) for Atmel’s AVR mirocontrollers, which makes this device an attractive programming solution for AVR-based controllers like Pololu Orangutan robot controllers. The USB AVR programmer connects to your computer’s USB port via an included USB A to mini-B cable and communicates with your programming software, such as Atmel Studio or AVRDUDE, through a virtual COM port using the AVRISPV2/STK500 protocol. The programmer connects to your target device via an included 6-pin ISP programming cable (the older, 10-pin ISP connections are not directly supported, but it’s easy to create or purchase a 6-pin-to-10-pin ISP adapter).
- USB AVR Programmer
- USB programmer for AVR-based controllers
- Emulates an STK500 on a virtual serial port, making it compatible with standard AVR programming software.
- TTL-level serial port for general-purpose communication
- SLO-scope for monitoring signals and voltage levels.
- USB cable and ISP cable are included.