Add the following items for a complete solution:
The full color display outputs up to 800 x 480 and features a capacative touch sensing capable of detecting 10 fingers.
Only two connections from the Pi to the display are necessary; power from GPIO (or USB) connection to the DSI port. The adapter board handles power, signal conversion, and touch input conversion.
The display works with all existing Raspberry Pi models, however the mounting holes only line up with the newer board design of the A+, B+ and Pi 2.
- 7” Touchscreen Display
- Adapter Board
- DSI Ribbon Cable
- 4 x Stand-offs and Screws
- 4 x Jumper Wires
- 7” Touchscreen Display.
- Screen Dimensions: 194mm x 110mm x 20mm (including standoffs)
- Viewable screen size: 155mm x 86mm
- Screen Resolution 800 x 480 pixels
- 10 finger capacitive touch
- Connects to the Raspberry Pi board using a ribbon cable connected to the DSI port.
- Adapter board is used to power the display and convert the parallel signals from the display to the serial (DSI) port on the Raspberry Pi.
- Latest version of Raspbian OS required to operate correctly.
Optional Virtual Keyboard
- Download and install the latest version of Raspbian Wheezy.
- Connect to the internet, open terminal, and type sudo apt-get update upgrade to install the latest drivers.
- Connect a physical keyboard & mouse to the Raspberry Pi (or use SSH.)
- Connect to the internet via WiFi or Ethernet.
- Open the terminal
- Type sudo apt-get install matchbox-keyboard
- Reboot your Pi.
- The keyboard can be found by clicking Menu -> Accessories -> Keyboard.
- Power should go into the adapter board FIRST, then to the Pi.
- Ensure your power supply is rated for 5V@2A.
- Double check all connections - GPIO, USB, and ribbon cables.
- If powering via GPIO, make sure USB is not connected.
- If powering via USB, make sure GPIO is not connected.
- Update your OS to the latest version using sudo apt-get update upgrade.
- Try swapping USB cables (higher quality is preferred.)
- Does your Pi boot without being connected to the touchscreen? If not, reflash your SD card and try again.
|MCM Part #:||83-16872|
|Raspberry Pi Part #:||RASPBERRYPI-DISPLAY|
|Package Specifications & Dimensions|
Need to Return?
|Extra Shipping Charge:||No|