Shop all Raspberry Pi accessories
Not only is the Raspberry Pi 3 Model B the fastest Raspberry Pi to date, it's the first one with built-in WiFi (802.11B/G/N) and Bluetooth Low Energy1 connectivity allowing you to get connected right out of the box.
The Pi 3 is powered by an all-new BCM2837 1.2GHz Quad-Core ARMv8 64bit2 processor that is noticeably quicker and more usable than previous generations. Webpages render faster and programs are much more snappy, making the experience feel like a modern machine than a $35 computer.
Other upgrades include improved power management which allow the Pi 3 to power hungry USB gadgets like hard drives and cameras. Of course, this increased capacity means that you'll need a power supply that's up to the task. We recommend a 5V USB power supply capable of putting out at least 2.4A. If you're looking for one, our 28-19336 5.25V 2.4A supply has been heavily tested to be compatible with the Pi 3.
Another slight upgrade is to the microSD card port. The spring loaded pop-in, pop-out port has been replaced with a simpler (and more reliable) manual side-in, slide-out version. This will be a welcome change to anyone who's popped-out the microSD card accidentally!
Upgrades above aside, the rest of the Pi 3 is very similar to previous generations. RAM stays the same at 1GB, Ethernet is 10/100 and the GPU is the same tried-and-true VideoCore IV. As for physical changes, the Pi 3 keeps the same footprint, mounting holes, and all port types and locations as previous versions. The only physical difference is the addition of a ceramic WiFi / BLE antenna and the location of the status LEDs (which have switched sides.) All cases that worked for the Pi B+ and Pi 2 are compatible (although you may want to drill new holes to see the status LEDs.)
- Processor: 1.2GHz Quad Core BCM2837 ARMv8 64bit Processor
- Connectivity: Built-in WiFi (802.11B/G/N) and Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)
- RAM: 1GB
- GPU: VideoCore IV
- USB: 4 x USB 2.0 ports
- Ethernet: 10/100 Ethernet Port
- Video Output: Full-Size HDMI and Composite
- Sound: L/R Stereo Line-out
- Operating System: microSD card to load and store OS
- Digital Interfaces: 1 x CSI Camera Port and 1 x DSI Display Port
- GPIO: 40 General Purpose Input / Output Pins
- Power: Requires 5V 2.4A USB Power Supply (28-19336 recommended.)
Links and Downloads:
1. Bluetooth functionally is not available at launch. It will eventually be enabled by connecting your Pi to the internet and using the following terminal commands:
- sudo apt-get update
- sudo apt-get upgrade
- sudo rpi-update
2. Current Operating Systems operate in 32bit ARMv7 mode.
|MCM Part #:||83-17300|
|Raspberry Pi Part #:||RASPBERRYPI-MODB-1GB|
|Package Specifications & Dimensions|
Need to Return?
|Extra Shipping Charge:||No|