Expand your DVR storage so you can record more of your favorite TV shows. Or, transfer and store videos from your compatible camcorder to free up space for more recording. Connect the drive to a game console, Blu-ray Disc player or media player, like WD TV, to smoothly stream video to your big screen TV. It's the perfect solution for your video storage and playback needs.
High-capacity DVR storage - Add hundreds of hours of HD storage to your DVR. Connect the drive to your compatible USB or eSATA DVR to instantly create more storage for your TV shows, sporting events, and movies.
A convenient storage companion for your camcorder - Transfer your videos to your My Book AV drive without a computer to make room for more recording. You can even use the camcorder to play back the videos stored on the My Book AV drive. (see compatibility tab for details on compatible products)
AV-optimized - My Book AV DVR Expander offers smooth video recording and playback with Silkstream technology (available via eSATA). Built with WD AV GreenPower, the drive inside is optimized for the demands of reading and writing video as well as the high temperatures often found in entertainment centers.
Store videos, music and photos for playback on your TV - Connect this AV-optimized drive to a game console, Blu-ray Disc player or media player, like our WD TV family of products, to enjoy smooth playback on your big screen TV.
Small enough to fit in your entertainment center - The small My Book form factor fits neatly in your entertainment center. It can stand upright or lay horizontally, making it easy to neatly position your My Book AV drive near your AV devices while maximizing airflow and minimizing heat around the drive.
Maximum flexibility - This drive has both USB 2.0 and eSATA interfaces so your drive is compatible with most DVRs and other AV devices.
When used with a DVR, the My Book AV drive expands the recording capacity of a single DVR and cannot be also used as an expander with multiple DVRs or as storage for other AV devices.
- 1TB high-capacity DVR expander
- A convenient storage companion for your camcorder
- AV-optimized for smooth playback on your TV
- Small enough to fit in your entertainment center
- USB and eSATA interfaces for maximum flexibility
- DVR Expander
- External power supply
- USB 2.0 cable
- eSATA cable
- Adapter cable for Sony camcorders
- Quick Install Guide
- Feet for horizontal placement
- Formatted FAT32, Windows® XP, Windows Vista®, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Note: Compatibility may vary, depending on user's hardware configuration and operating system.
- DVRs (Set-Top-Boxes)
- Direct TV R15, HR20, HR21 & HR23
- Dish VIP722K
- TiVo Series 3 & Premiere
- Pace DC7581
- Time Warner SA STB
- 2010 or later Sony camcorders with Direct Copy functionality, including: HDR-CX150/R, HDR-CX110/L, HDR-XR350V, HDR-CX300, HDR-XR150, HDR-XR550V, HDR-CX550V, HDR-CX350V, DCR-SX63, DCR-SX44, DCR-SR68/R, DCR-SR88, DCR-SX83
- Blu-ray Disc Players
- Sony 2010 Blu-ray Disc Players, including BDP-S370, BDP-S470, BDP-S570, BDP-BX37, BDP-BX57, BDP-N460, BDP-560
- Sony Blu-ray Disc Home Theater Systems, including BDV-E370, BDV-E570, BDV-T57
- LG BD390
- Samsung BD-P1600
- Game Consoles
- Microsoft Xbox 360 (media playback only)
- Sony PlayStation 3 (media playback only)
- JVC LT-32P689
- Samsung LN32A550
- Phillips 42PFLA332D
- LG 47LH30
- Sony KDL-46XBR9
- Media Players
- Western Digital WD TV Live, WD TV, WD TV Mini